WE'RE OPEN FOR IN-STORE SHOPPING! CLICK HERE FOR INFO
new online store coming soon
THE WINNER IS...
Please join us in congratulating George F. Baker III as the winner of the Sam Flax Mural Project. His design, "Hanging at the Annex" will be featured on the front-wall of our annex building and future event space located at 1491 Northside Drive in Atlanta.
George, also known as GFB3 is a "Nebraska-born, Detroit Grown, and Atlanta-Raised Creator". He has completed numerous works around the city of Atlanta and beyond. His eye-catching work uses bright and colorful characters and symbols that invite its viewers to engage in unity and understanding.
thank you to all of the immensely talented artists and creators that submitted their work for our consideration
winning concept by
george f. baker III
Sam Flax Mural Project 2020
- 1491 Northside Drive (our annex building and future event space) has a large front-facing brick/cement wall and we are opening up the opportunity for YOU to paint a mural on it!
- The building is going to be power-washed at the end of October, leaving you with a clean space to work on
- The wall faces bustling Northside Drive right next to a traffic light; you couldn't ask for a better spot for a wide audience of viewers for your work - Interested participants can send design submissions to by November 8th at midnight. Please include your approximate paint budget and any other information you think will help you stand out. Do not message us here, we will not read it.
- Work MUST be completed by Dec. 1st. All mediums are welcome but please note that this is an outdoor piece. - The winner will receive $5K in store credit, an artist feature on all of our social platforms, and, of course, a permanent art piece in Midtown Atlanta
Project Details: - The wall is 48' wide by 18' height. A complete picture with dimensions, below.
- There are cement and brick textures throughout. The overhead awning will remain, as will the sign space.
- We are able to offer artists large ladders but we do not have a cherry-picker!
- Your paint budget is separate from the overall winnings.
Can I collaborate with another artist?
- Absolutely! Just make sure that your proposal(s) clearly indicate the budget you'll need, and who is doing what
Does my paint budget come out of the winnings?
- Nope! We'll cover the cost of the paint you'll need. If your design is chosen, the $5k store-credit is all yours. You'll be set for years!